123 456 789

info@example.com

Goldsmith Hall

New York, NY 90210

07:30 - 19:00

Monday to Friday

Volunteerism

Volunteering @ AAIS

We always encourage parents to be a part of experiential learning of the students during their field trips, as a guest speaker to share their expertise in a particular discipline or run a few classes.  They also volunteer themselves to aid in making resources and volunteer at school events. Getting involved as a volunteer has proven to be an enriching and delightful experience for the parents.

If you would like to volunteer at School, do write to the Admin of your Campus directly. Contact details can be found here.

Our Parent Community Shares

I volunteered at the School carnival during the Academic Year for the 2019-2020.  I helped with one of the stalls that the fifth-graders had put up – specifically the “Tulsi tea” stall.It was a lot of fun!  Since it was a carnival, the child in me also soaked in the festivities.  The children had different types of stalls and there was such an air of positive energy all around.I was impressed with the confidence and  creativity of the children, in the ideas that they had for their stalls.  The theme was focussed on nurturing the natural environment to produce products that would be safe for all; so from herbal teas, homemade soaps and homemade pesto sauce (to name a few) , with all of them using ingredients grown locally – this was a fabulous way to make the children more aware of the environment they live in.I saw the teachers, children, parents and the ‘akkas’ (Custodial Staff), all come together with ease and understanding, with everyone having a part to play and each of them doing it wonderfully well!  I saw how easily teachers and children communicated with each other and this was also a more informal setting to meet other parents and share similar ideas and thoughts.  All in all, it made for a very pleasant evening amidst good food, cheer and laughter!

– Vidya Balasubramaniam, P/o Mahima – Grade 6

I have volunteered a few times in the PYP years of my son at AAIS, for various activities. One of the activities was to help students prepare to present a bi-lingual song during the Independence Celebrations at the Phoenix Market City that the School was invited to participate in. Another one was a time when children were learning to write recipes, understand measures, follow protocols and methods, while cooking, understand dates of packaging, manufacturing and expiry of various foods.   During all of these instances, I have enjoyed interacting with the students and the educators. It was a collaborative experience and I learned a lot from these experiences, as well. I specifically enjoyed the music event, which was a great experience  for the children, as many students who were not native speakers of these languages (Tamil and Hindi) quickly memorized the song and sang it in beautiful harmony. I have also enjoyed the rich interactions with the Homeroom Teacher and the PYP Coordinator, who were enthusiastic and open-minded in exploring several avenues to make the learning experience joyful for the young learners.Volunteering at the school has helped me know the Leadership team and teachers closely, empathize with them, understand the challenges we grapple with, as a community, focused on building a relatively new educational system in India (IB). I also got to closely observe the thoughts, approach, efforts and keenness of the team towards making these formative years of learning memorable for the learners and their families.

– Anuradha Balasubramanian, P/o Arjun Raja- Grade 5

I volunteered to teach Tamil language for Grade 1 at AAIS . I enjoyed this experience as I had  the freedom to prepare for the classes, within the framework of the Inquiry-based learning methodology. It was a great learning experience for me to understand how to interact with children and kindle their curiosity, while learning a language. To keep the children motivated, we came up with new games, performances, songs and had a fun time, which also made us creative,  while creating an environment for children to build a liking towards Tamil. Volunteering at School certainly helped me understand the inquiry-based learning methodology better. Interaction with teachers and being a volunteer myself for the Functional Tamil classes made me understand the amount of work and inspiration each teacher brings in every day to enhance children’s learning.

– Vidya Govind , P/o Bharatram – Grade 1, Meera – Grade 5

Exciting News! We're thrilled to announce that a state-of-the-art campus in the heart of T.Nagar is on the horizon. Stay tuned for the future of education! Click here to get an exclusive sneak peek right here