Primary Years Programme - IB PYP
In the early childhood and primary years, learning at Akshar Arbol International curriculum School is based on the International Baccalaureate (IB)'s inquiry - based approach that focuses on development of the whole child as an inquirer, both within and outside of the classroom. They learn in an environment that nurtures their natural curiosity and helps them to inquire and explore.
At the core of the program, we focus on development of all five essential elements:
All learning happens through units of inquiry, each of which is based on a theme on global significance. Their learning curriculum is trans-disciplinary, enriched by performing / visual arts and Physical Education. Children learn the various subjects and how they are inter-connected by inquiring about a specific idea. Technology is used as an integral part of the learning process. The divergence of skills and knowledge, which happens in conventional schooling, is bridged in the IB Primary Years Program.
Students in the PYP at Akshar Arbol International School
- Learn in contexts that are Meaningful, Relevant and Fun
- Conduct research on issues of local and global significance
- Develop positive attitudes towards learning and the environment
- Engage themselves in responsible action.
- Learn based on the philosophy of "Vishwam Gurur-mama" (The whole world is my Guru), helping them to emerge as leaders displaying the IB Learner Profile attributes